Who's ready to RAMPAGE?
The RAMPAGE!!! program is the ultimate high adventure opportunity for Scouts that attend Camp Raven Knob. At our outpost facility in Independence, Virginia (located on the New River) Scouts will have an challenging week ahead of them full of thrill and adventure. Scouts will go whitewater canoeing down the New River, climbing at the famous Pilot Mountain, and overnight backpacking on the Appalachian Trail in Grayson Highlands State Park. You can even try out river boarding! (picture a boogie board going down a river...)
In addition to the busy week of adventures, Scouts will return to camp before Wednesday evening so that they can join their unit for Visitors Night, supper, and the Wednesday night campfire and OA Ceremony. Afterwards, Scouts will return back to the Rampage facility until Friday afternoon. For more information view the RAMPAGE Program Supplement below for all the details on what to bring.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Daily Schedule (subject to change due to weather or other circumstances)
- Sunday: Shakedown, Dinner at Raven Knob, depart for Independence/Rampage
- Monday: Whitewater Canoeing on the New River in Independence (stay overnight at Rampage)
- Tuesday: River Boarding on the New River, return to Raven Knob for the night, stay in campsite with unit
- Wednesday: Morning hike to the top of Raven Knob, afternoon climbing at Pilot Mountain, and return to CRK for Visitors Night, supper, and campfire. (return to Rampage after campfire)
- Thursday: Depart for Grayson Highlands for overnight Backpacking (spend night on the trail in Grayson Highlands State Park)
- Friday: Finish backpacking trip and head to Rampage for cleanup, return to Raven Knob for supper and campfire (stay in campsite with unit)
|Rampage Backpacking Maps||Download|
|Rampage New River Float Map||Download|
|RAMPAGE Program Supplement||The RAMPAGE! program supplement has more detailed information about the RAMPAGE! program and is a great place to start for anyone looking to participate in this program.||Download|
|RAMPAGE! Packing List||Download|