Who's ready to RAMPAGE?
The RAMPAGE!!! program is the ultimate high adventure opportunity for Scouts that attend Camp Raven Knob. At our outpost facility in Independence, Virginia (located on the New River) scouts will have an challenging week ahead of them full of thrill and adventure. Scouts will go canoeing/kayaking down the New River, climbing at the famous Pilot Mountain, and overnight backpacking on the Appalachian Trail in Grayson Highlands State Park. You can even try out river boarding! (picture a boogie board going down a river...)
After arrival to Camp Raven Knob on Sunday, Scouts will depart to the outpost that evening and will return to Raven Knob on Wednesday afternoon to enjoy the Wednesday Night Ceremony. Afterwards, Scouts will return back to the Rampage facility until Friday afternoon. For more information view the 2021 Leader's Guide for all the details on what to bring.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Daily Schedule (Can Change at anytime before camp or due to weather)
- Sunday: Shakedown-Dinner at Raven Knob-Head to Independence/Rampage
- Monday: Canoeing/Kayaking New River in Independence-Stay overnight at Rampage
- Tuesday: Kayaking/River Boarding New River-Head to back to CRK for the night, stay at Troops Campsite
- Wednesday: Climbing at Pilot Mountain-Campfire at CRK-Head back to Rampage after campfire
- Thursday: Depart to Grayson Highlands for overnight Backpacking-Spend night in Grayson Highlands State Park
- Friday: Finish backpacking trip and head to Rampage for cleanup-head to CRK for Friday night/campfire-stay at Troops Campsite