The Raven Knob ATV Experince is the newest addition to the camps program. Scouts 14 years and older will be able to learn the in's and out's of ATV safety and see the backcountry of CRK in the process.
Scouts that participate in the ATV Experince will need to have the following items to participate. If they do not have all the following items their spot in the program will be forfeited.
- Long Sleeve Shirt
- Long Pants
- Boots/Shoes that completely cover the ankle
- ATV Program Release Form
- Gloves (Recommend to bring, but will provide otherwise)
Prior to arrival at camp, scouts will need to take the online required training through the ATV Safety Institute. They just bring their certificate of completion with them to camp and give to the instructor on Monday. The training can be found below.
- Can I bring my own ATV? No, per guidelines all ATVs must be own be the Old Hickory Council and Camp Raven Knob.
- Can I bring my own helmet, goggles or gloves? Absolutely! Helmets must be DOT approved and show proper markings.
- Is Safety Gear provides? Yes, helmets, goggles, gloves will be provided.
- How many scouts can participate in the course? There will be a maximum of 8 participants each course. 3, 14-15 year olds & 5, 16-17 year olds.
- Can leaders participate in the ATV Experience? Scouts are five first priority for the program.
- What ATVs will be riding? Scouts that are 14-15 years of age will be riding a Honda 90cc ATV, scouts 16 and older will be riding a Polaris Phoenix 200cc. **Per North Carolina State Law, those under the age of 16 cannot ride an ATV with a larger engine than a 90cc.**
- Who will be leading the ATV Experience? Our lead instructor will be a certified ATV Safety Institute Instructor who is also 21 years old.