The Raven Knob ATV Experince is the newest addition to our summer camp program! Scouts 14 years and older will be able to learn the ins and outs of ATV safety and maneuvering while touring the backcountry of Camp Raven Knob!
Scouts that participate in the ATV Experince will need to have the following items to participate. If they do not have all the following items their spot in the program will be forfeited.
- Long Sleeve Shirt
- Long Pants
- Boots/Shoes that completely cover the ankle
- Gloves (Recommend to bring, but will provide otherwise)
- Completion Certificate from ATV Safety Institute course (see link below)
- ATV Hold Harmless Agreement (downloadable at bottom of page)
Prior to arrival at camp, scouts will need to take the online required training through the ATV Safety Institute. They just bring their certificate of completion with them to camp and give to the instructor on Monday. The training can be found below.
|Session Length||3 hr|
|Pre-Requisites||Complete the ATV Safety Course|
- Can I bring my own ATV? No. Per official guidelines, all ATVs must be provided by the Old Hickory Council and Camp Raven Knob.
- Can I bring my own helmet, goggles or gloves? Absolutely! Helmets must be DOT approved and show proper markings.
- Is safety gear provided? Yes. Helmets, goggles, and gloves will be provided.
- How many scouts can participate in the course? There will be a maximum of 8 participants each course: three 14-15 year olds and five 16-17 year olds.
- Can leaders participate in the ATV Experience? Scouts are our first priority for the program.
- What ATVs will be used? Scouts that are 14-15 years of age will be riding a Honda 90cc ATV, Scouts 16 and older will be riding a Polaris Phoenix 200cc. **Per North Carolina State Law, those under the age of 16 cannot ride an ATV with an engine larger than 90cc.**
- Who will be leading the ATV Experience? Our lead instructor is a certified ATV Safety Institute Instructor who is over 21 years old.
|ATV Hold Harmless Agreement||Download|