Camp Staff Packing List
Not sure what to bring for your summer as a staff member? Want to make sure you don't forget anything? Look no further!
- Each staff member will be provided with a twin-sized bed/mattress and a limited amount of storage space. You may want to bring a foot locker/crate/tub if you think you may need more storage space (and you probably will). That being said, space in staff quarters is tight so be courteous to your roommates when choosing what to bring!
- One week's worth of clothes is all you will need —washer/dryer setups are located in most staff housing areas and throughout camp. Laundry can easily be done as necessary throughout the week and on weekends.
- Camp will provide you with a CRK staff t-shirt, staff polo shirt, and a staff hat. Many areas also create staff shirts. You will be required to wear specific shirts on certain days of the week.
- Labeling things with your name is a very good idea. Camp is not responsible for lost/stolen/damaged personal items. If you forget anything, Mt. Airy has a Wal-Mart and you can buy whatever you need there on one of your nights off or a weekend.
- Scout Uniform "Class A" Shirt — VERY IMPORTANT! You may want more than one, but most people get by with one without problems. Don't forget a hanger to hang up your shirt(s)!
- Other Scout "Class B" Shirts
- Scout Shorts or Pants — two or three pairs (shorts recommended — it's hot outside!)
- Scout Belt
- Scout Socks! You can never have enough of these…five pairs recommended at minimum! (any length is okay)
- (optional) OA Sash for Wednesday nights
- (optional) Scout Hat — camp will also provide you with a staff hat for the summer
*Neckerchiefs and Merit Badge Sashes are neither required nor recommended*
- Rain gear — IMPORTANT!
- Athletic shorts/sleepwear if you want
- Bathing suit
- A pair of jeans (always good to have on hand)
- one or two jackets/hoodies for occasional cooler weather
- "Civilian" clothes for nights off, etc…a couple shirts/shorts/socks should do
Shoes (likely to get wet/dirty throughout the summer)
- One or two pair of sturdy closed-toed everyday shoes or boots for walking around camp/hiking
- Flip-flops (for showers or other various uses)
- Other shoes desired for nights off
- Sleeping gear — either twin-sized sheets/blanket or a sleeping bag
- Bath towels (two should be fine)
- Toiletries/personal items for the bathroom
- Toiletry bag or small plastic tub for toiletries
- Bookbag might be useful
- Laundry bag is recommended
- Laundry detergent
- Water-resistant wristwatch
- Reusable water bottle
- Insect repellant if you think you'll need it, but generally you won't
Optional Extras (camp is not responsible for personal items — bring at your own risk)
- Cell Phone (Verizon and Carolina West generally get the best service in camp; Sprint gets some service, and AT&T and T-Mobile get none.)
- Laptop computer/tablet/camera/mp3 player/other electronics. Wifi is available in most staff quarters.
- Frisbee/football/outdoor recreational equipment
- Board/card games
- Musical instrument(s)