Welcome to Camp Raven Knob!
Camp Raven Knob is the home camp for the Old Hickory Council, BSA. Since 1954, Scouts have made the trek to the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains to enjoy mountain lakes, hiking trails, outstanding campfires, and so much more. With over 3,200 acres of wilderness complemented by great camping facilities, program facilities and a dedicated staff, your troop will soon discover what so many others have known for decades: that camping at Raven Knob is a first-rate experience.
Whether you are looking for a summer camp adventure or weekend camping trip, take a few minutes and peruse through our website. Then, let us know when you would like to come to camp! You can make a reservation request for weekend outings or submit your application for summer camp all here on our website. If you are considering Camp Raven Knob for your summer camp then consider these points:
- The main camp has 36 campsites with either tents or Adirondacks, enough to house over 800 people.
- The Vaughn Dining Hall has a 1,000-person capacity, and with 4 serving lines we can seat everyone in just minutes.
- Our Shooting Sports area offers nationally ranked training and equipment at one of the finest ranges anywhere.
- Lake Sobotta is home to our Aquatics program where we offer a wide assortment of activities, including kayaking, paddleboarding, swimming, and sailing. With several swimming areas and over half a mile of dock, your Scouts will be in one of the safest swimming areas possible.
- With the Cripple Creek (Mountain Man) Rendevous and other high-adventure Outback programs, your older Scouts will have adventure at every turn. There is something at Raven Knob for older Scouts, Venturers or Explorers!
- Our traditional merit badge program is top notch, with a talented staff thoughout the camp.
- The Raven Scouts program is highly regarded for its focus on the first year Scouts. With a small Scout/staff ratio and a well-designed program area, your new Scouts will get off to a great start.
If you have questions at any level, contact us and we will be glad to help.
We look forward to seeing you at Camp Raven Knob!
Hunter M. Day