Camp Staff Development (CSD)
The Camp Staff Development Program provides an opportunity for Scouts to learn about working on the Raven Knob staff without committing to a full summer. CSD Participants are treated as volunteer staff for a two-week period during the summer: they live, work, eat, and sleep in the same way that staff members do. Participants are even able to assist in teaching and other program delivery!
We recommend the CSD program for any Scouts under the age of 16 who would like to "try out" camp staff work. We also highly recommend that CSD participants complete a National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT) course. Participants commonly have so much fun in the CSD program that they return to Raven Knob the following summer as full-fledged staff members!
Who is Eligible?
Participants in the CSD Program must:
- be a registered member of a Boy Scout Troop or Venturing Crew
- be at least 15 years of age before arriving at camp or 14 and have completed the 9th grade
- have experience in unit leadership
- have a current medical form and be in good physical health
- have an interest in instructing Scouting skills to others
Due to North Carolina State Labor regulations, Scouts under the age of 14 are not eligible for this program. If you have any further questions about the CSD program or eligibility, please contact the program director at email@example.com.