Covid-19 Updates

May 19, 2020

Unfortunately, Camp Raven Knob will not be able to operate the ATV Program as planned this summer. This change is due to the cancelation of the training course for our instructors along with delays from the manufacturer due to production layoffs as a result of COVID-19. We encourage scouts who were previously signed up for this program to consider our Climbing Program, Mountain Man Primitive Living Program, and our Shooting Sports Program. 

May 10, 2020

The Old Hickory Council & Raven Knob Staff have decided to delay the beginning of the 2020 Summer Camp Season until July 5, 2020. This requires canceling Cub Resident Camp along with Scouts, BSA weeks 1 & 2. We have re-instated week 7 (Aug. 2-8) to provide more flexibility for troops. If your troop was scheduled for one of the canceled weeks, you will be able to reschedule for the other weeks of camp. Please view the rest of the information posted on the Raven Knob Website at www.ravenknob.com/covid19. 

May 6, 2020

The Old Hickory Council & Raven Knob Staff have been working tirelessly to decide the best course of action for operating camp this summer. Please note that within the next week we will be providing an update on our plan for the 2020 season. Stay tuned to our Facebook page & website for updates. 

Also: Please note that on May 5th, Governor Cooper's announcement and release of Phase #1 does include no overnight camping for camps in North Carolina. At this point, this does not affect the plans for the 2020 summer season and regulations for overnight camping will be determined in Phase #2, which is set to take place at the end of May. That decision is being made by the CDC (In conjunction with the American Camp Association) & Governor Roy Cooper. 

Camp will remain closed during North Carolina's Phase #1 plan. 

 

March 15th, 2020

With the world experiencing this unprecedented virus and predictions running
rampant, there may be questions regarding Summer Camp at Raven Knob. We
have reviewed this situation and at the present time all are programs are on track
to happen as scheduled for the summer. Of course, we all realize that this
situation is evolving day by day and our plans are subject to change if necessary.


We are working closely with our medical professionals to make sure that all our
participants are in a safe environment while at Raven Knob. As you are packing up
to leave for camp it is imperative that you do a medical screening of each Scout
and adult to make sure that no one is running a fever or other symptoms of the
Corvid-19 virus. If they do, then these individuals will need to stay at home. We
will do another medical screening when you all arrive at camp.


The chances of having to close the camp are remote, but if that were to occur, we
will let you know immediately. In doing so we will give you plans for refunds and
other details. Please check our website and our Facebook page as we move
forward.

Position Name Telephone
Admin Team Camp Raven Knob (336) 352-4307 Email